 |
| Caution: thin ice! |
I took my camera for a ride this morning, hoping to find signs of life: a budding tree, a robin, open water. Something. Anything! I wound up at Lake Harriet, which is without a doubt my favorite city lake. It carries good memories from my entire life: buttered popcorn in white bags, peach ice cream cones, outdoor concerts in the bandshell, walking with parents, friends, Buzz, Kelly, and a series of dogs around the 2.8 mile pedestrian trail. Even though it reached 80 degrees today, I was definitely rushing the season. A lot of other people were, too. Mothers, desperate to bring their children outside, pushed strollers heaped with fleece blankets--and babies, I assume. The sun was bright and warm, but there was not a bud or a bird. But there is HOPE. Minnesotans get charged up about the arrival of spring. It makes everything better.
1 comment:
Hope springs eternal! My tulips are rising, lilacs are budding, cardinals are singing- WELCOME SPRING!
Post a Comment