Sunday, March 22, 2015

(5) JOY is . . .

. . . freshly baked cookies
Good news: It's spring in Minnesota.

Bad news: It's supposed to snow today.

Good news: I made chocolate chip cookies.

See? Good news outweighs bad news. Biting into the first cookie out of the oven was pure joy. Pure melty, didn't-let-it-cool-off-enough joy!  Of course, mothers eat only the broken cookies. It's a rule.  I broke three cookies.  I plan to break more after lunch ; )   Leave it to Nestle to come up with Springtime Morsels. If you look closely, you can see pink and yellow morsels among the traditional semi-sweet chocolate ones.

1 comment:

Sherry said...

What a wonderthing to do on a snowy March day. One thing about March snow- it never lasts past March 31st. After that- it is April snow.....
I know why you broke the cookies, it makes the calories leak out of them. I want to make a batch soon. Such pretty presentation. You have such great ways to photograph things.