Sunday, October 6, 2013

Cooking up the harvest

Debbie harvested
Leyla sliced and diced
My cousin Debbie has a farm, E-I-E-I-O.  Sapsucker Farms is a certified organic farm in Mora, Minnesota, where the magical soil brings forth big, healthy vegetables, apples, and grapes. There is certainly some elbow grease involved too--organic elbow grease, of course. Debbie cut a few stalks of kale for a kale tart from a row that grows from here to infinity. My cooking buddy Leyla and I spent the afternoon cooking in Debbie's kitchen. We picked our ingredients fresh from the field, then diced and sliced, and added some spice.
I added some spice
And HERE'S WHAT WE GOT ...


Indian vegetable curry




Greek salad with Alaskan salmon (caught by Debbie)
From the apple tree to the dumpling, with brandy cream sauce. 

2 comments:

Sherry said...

What beautiful pictures, they look like the cover of a foodie magazine.
Very nice. I especially love the colors of the spices in the pan, I can almost smell the aroma.

Unknown said...

What a fun day it was!