Sunday, April 10, 2016

The time my dad joined the circus

His shirt says: People say I am old. It's "irelephant."
Dad, a.k.a. Fred, Freddy, Harry, Al, Fruncle Ed, Freddy Subaghetti, and Popadopolus, (whew!) turned 95 years old a few days ago.  95!  So we had a nice, quiet lunch at the home. JUST KIDDING. We took him to the Shrine Circus. When he was a kid, the circus wagons and animals rolled down his street on the way to the tent. Dad, his brother Jim, a.k.a. Bud, Buddy, Jan, etc., and their sister Fern, a.k.a. Sister, Ferny, Fernatillia, Scissorbill, etc. were allowed in free in exchange for their help watering the elephants. I probably shouldn't mention that they tried to sneak in first, but I did.  And they did. Kids those days!!!


Dad wore a T-shirt he received from Mom's sister, Alice, who just turned 99. (!)  After the circus, we went to lunch at the Swedish Institute. And THEN we knocked on the door of the house where Mom grew up and talked to one of the people who lives there now.  Birthday cake came next. Actually it was a fruit pizza with a brownie crust.  Buzz and I were exhausted.


Happy Birthday Dad!
Love, Pat, Patty, Patty Lou, Paddlelou, Paddlelucy,Coffee Grounds, Banana Nose : )

1 comment:

Sherry said...

What a wonderful day! You did good, Paddlelucy :-)