Saturday, August 16, 2014

The Farmers Market


I get a little giddy when I visit the farmers market. It's the beautiful colors, live music, and happy farmers selling products that are actually good for us.  There were a few dozen stands this morning, but this one stood out because it was so orderly, and the radishes really hit me between the eyes. We took home sweet corn, baby bok choy, cilantro, beets, snow peas, green beans, and dill. As we speak, the beets are cooking on the stove, soon to become pickled beets.

And the dill . . . THE DILL . . . is in a small vase on the table. I make up excuses to pass by it and breathe in deeply. It is the smell of summer.

The Bloomington Farmers Market is located on the grounds of the civic plaza and is open every Saturday morning from June to October.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pickled beets!!!!! Yum!
What a beautiful table of good stuff. Nothing makes me want to eat veggies like going to the farmer's market.

Sherry said...

Love the dill arrangement! You are so creative. I love to roast beets also- good flavor.