Sunday, June 29, 2014

A perfect morning--with bacon on top

What's better than a plate of donuts? A plate of donuts with coffee . . . at a sidewalk table . . .  7:30 on a
Saturday morning . . . with my wonderful daughter.  It all came together this morning in a remarkable way.  I can't not (which means I always do) wake up early during the summer, and so I arrived early at MOJO Monkey Donuts on 7th Street in St. Paul.  Kelly buzzed in on her motor scooter shortly after.

You can get powdered sugar donuts at MOJO, but why would you when you can have mango coconut, banana pecan, or a maple long john with bacon?
See the bacon?
This is not your ordinary trip to a donut shop; it is an urban experience. Just down the road from downtown St. Paul, the "west end" neighborhood was home to European immigrants who made their way to Minnesota. And before that, this road was a fur trading path along the Mississippi River. Today it's a quaint and colorful area with small businesses, ethnic restaurants, and antique shops.

As Kelly was taking our selfie (my first ever), we noticed the interesting placement of the MOJO Monkey on the window.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have been dreaming about that doughnut with the bacon on top ever since. Man that was good! Of course, pretty much everything is better with bacon! :) What a fun morning that was!

Sherry said...

That looks like the best doughnut ever! BACON, bacon, bacon, bacon, bacon....