GO TO AN INDOOR CONCERT
 |
| Outside |
 |
| Inside the conservatory |
The Twin Cities is rich in cultural events--even in winter. Today I went to "Music Under Glass," which was not only indoors, but inside the Como Park Conservatory flower garden! It was the perfect blend of warm temperature, high humidity, beautiful blooming flowers, water fountain, and a delightful band called Cafe Accordion Orchestra. They played accordion, mandolin, clarinet, fiddle, banjo, bass, drum, and bongo in a style that they describe as "a nod towards gypsy lifestyle, from French Manouche [gypsy] to the Bohemian drifter and American cowboy." I appreciated the assist with style description, because to me it sounded like the French cafe music that I love so much.
The band plays every Tuesday evening 6:00-9:00 pm at the Loring Pasta Bar in Dinky Town (University of MN). We'll be going there soon. Below is a link to Cafe Accordion Orchestra's newest CD, "La Zingara" and to the Loring Pasta Bar. Hope to see you there!
http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/cafeaccordionorchestra
http://loringpastabar.com/
No comments:
Post a Comment